The City of Altamonte Springs has long embraced good health and well-being of its employees by offering a Wellness Program with multiple components. This program includes, but is not limited to:
- Level I Wellness - Since 1994, participation in Level I Wellness involves use of two (working) hours per week for wellness activities (either at city gyms, city fitness classes, weekly wellness seminars, or walking programs) based on work load and supervisory approval.
- Level II Wellness - Involves a voluntary fitness assessment twice a year to interested civilian employees. Incentives in the form of certificates for either a half day off or one full day off with pay are awarded to employees based on the results of the assessment. Sworn police officers are required to participate in this assessment and are rewarded with a wellness certificate for time off based on their test scores.
- Free Fitness Classes - Taught by certified instructors. Styles include core ability, Zumba, dance, total training and yoga.
- Weekly Wellness Seminars - Explore topics from healthy eating and exercising to stress management and relaxation tips.
- Free Flu Shots
- Blood Drives
- Six Package Health Screening - The City pays half the cost of a six package health screening for a limited number of employees. The screening includes:
- Carotid Artery Ultrasound
- Echocardiogram (Echo) Abdominal Aortic Ultrasound
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Blood Circulation Screening (ABI)
- Hardening of the Arteries Screening (ASI)
- Periodic Health Fairs - Vendors from the city’s insurance providers and other local health experts from traditional and non-traditional practitioners who share information with city employees.