These resources provide information regarding the rights and duties of tenants and landlords. It is not intended for the purpose of providing legal advice; however, the Legal Aid Society provides assistance regarding landlord/tenant issues to those qualifying for such services.
- Legal Aid Society
The Legal Aid Society provides legal assistance and advice to renters on a wide range of issues, including:
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes
- Unlawful Detainers
- Mold Issues
- and More
- By offering free legal services and expertise on these issues, the Legal Aid Society helps Seminole County’s low income families, veterans, seniors, and other vulnerable members of our community stay in their homes and avoid homelessness.
- Florida Statutes
Florida Statutes regarding residential tenancies.
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Review Florida landlord/tenant law.
- Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation
Florida DBPR licenses and regulates more than 1.6 million businesses and professionals in the State of Florida.
- The Florida Bar Consumer Pamphlet: Rights and Duties of Tenants and Landlords
Learn about your rights as a tenant and the rights of your landlord.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Know your responsibilities as a tenant.
- Seminole County Housing Discrimination Brochure
If you believe you've been the victim of housing discrimination, this brochure can provide assistance for residents of Seminole County.