Artist Fun Facts
Red Hot & Boom kicks off Independence Day in Central Florida with the ultimate summer celebration. With a 24-year history, the event transcends tradition. Known for its stellar entertainment, this year’s lineup features artists with incredible talent and globally-inspired sounds. Below are some important things to know about the artists and the Central Florida grand tradition!
Red Hot & Boom Artists:
- This year’s Red Hot & Boom artists are ready for their debuts! After making waves in the industry, four of the performers are releasing their first solo albums in 2019—Mabel, Madison Beer, Dean Lewis and Ally Brooke.
- We’re going global! The performers for this year’s event hail or draw influence from countries around the world. Dean Lewis is a native Australian. Mabel was born in Spain but grew up in Sweden and England. Ally Brooke is inspired by her Mexican heritage and incorporates a Latin flair into her work.
- Our musical artists aren’t just talented performers. They’re songwriters extraordinaire! Mabel and Madison Beer have notably written their own tunes, and lovelytheband drew on heartbreak to write their hit “broken.” Dean Lewis even wrote songs for other artists before he had his big break.
- From lead roles on Disney Channel’s Andi Mack and DC Extended Universe’s Shazam!, Asher Angel is making a name for himself. He recently dropped his new single “One Thought Away” featuring Wiz Khalifa.
- MAX made the switch from the big screen to the big stage! He began his career as an actor on the Nickelodeon series “How to Rock” and even toured with Victoria Justice on her Make It In America tour. He was even nominated as the “Best New Pop Artist” at the 2019 iHeartRadioMusic Awards. MAX is ready to bring the Hell’s Kitchen flair to the floating stage with his new single, “Love Me Less.”
- You might have heard it on TV. Dean Lewis’ debut single, “Waves,” has been featured on several popular shows, including “Riverdale,” “Suits” and “Shadowhunters.”
- Apple Music named Dean Lewis its newest Up Next Artist joining other alumni including Billie Eillish, Bad Bunny and Khalid. Dean Lewis gained major attention for his debut single, “Waves,” which has been certified 5x platinum. His latest single and heartbreak anthem “Be Alright,” is already certified platinum and is climbing charts around the world.
- lovelytheband is made up of Mitchy Collins, Jordan Greenwald and Sam Price. Their debut album, “Finding It Hard to Smile,” was released last year.
- The indie pop trio of lovelytheband is best known for the hit “Broken,” which dominated the Billboard’s Alternative Songs Chart and made music history with a 66-week streak! The group hits the road for a nationwide tour this summer to promote their debut album.
- Madison Beer shares several connections to Justin Bieber. Like Bieber, she was discovered on YouTube when he tweeted out a video of her singing. She then rose to social media fame and was personally signed by Justin Bieber to his record label. He later appeared in the music video for her song “Melodies.”
- Music is in Mabel’s blood. Her mother, Neneh Cherry, is a singer, and her father, Cameron McVey, is a music producer who has worked with Massive Attack, All Saints and Sugababes. Mabel’s parents shaped her musical style and now she’s taken their influence in her own distinct direction.
- This year’s Red Hot & Boom performers follow an incredible group of alumni, including some who have gone on to music’s biggest night, the Grammys. Past performers include the Jonas Brothers, Avril Lavigne, NSYNC, Hanson, 98 Degrees, Cobra Starship, AJR, Echosmith, Andy Grammer, Daya, Austin Mahone, Shaggy and Jessica Simpson.
- A former member of the girl group Fifth Harmony, Ally Brooke is embracing her journey as a solo artist and released her first single, “Low Key ft Tyga” which graced Billboard’s Mainstream Top 40 Chart peaking at No. 24. You can expect to hear more from this up-and-coming singer with her debut album set to release in 2019.
- Mabel brought the house down during her first U.S. television debut during The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. With multiple top 10 hits in the U.K. and a tour with One Direction star Harry Styles under her belt, Mabel is storming the American airwaves with her latest single, “Don’t Call Me Up.”