Classes are offered in three-month sessions, and for your maximum benefit, they follow a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday schedule. All classes are 40 minutes in length and limited to 9 participants.
Class registration is available online and opens at 8 a.m. each Monday the week before a new session starts. (In cases when Monday is a City holiday, registration begins on Tuesday.) Members must register for each session as classes are not carried over from one session to the next. You are allowed to register for one class per session. You must have a Physician Consent Form on file to register for exercise sessions.
- Arthritis Plus
This class is designed to help individuals with arthritis and decreased mobility. It provides individuals with an opportunity to increase their endurance and strengthen their cardiovascular system. The AEA/Arthritis Foundation® approved exercises focus on improving balance, coordination and range of motion.
- Water Aerobics
This class emphasizes exercises for coordination, balance and flexibility. This fast-paced class focuses on increasing stamina, muscle tone and improving range of motion. The class consists of a complete warm-up, an aerobic and core strengthening routine and a proper cool down.
|Session||Dates (Quarterly)||No Class Holidays||Registration Dates|
June 1 - August 31
September 1 - November 30
September 6, November 25 & 26
December 1 - February 28
December 20 - 31 & January 17
8 - 8:40 a.m.
|Arthritis Plus||Arthritis Plus||Open Swim|
9 - 9:40 a.m.
|Water Aerobics||Water Aerobics||(2 Hours)|
10 - 10:50 a.m.
|Open Swim||Open Swim||Open Swim|
11 - 11:40 a.m.
|Arthritis Plus||Arthritis Plus||(2 Hours)|
12 - 12:40 p.m.
|Water Aerobics||Water Aerobics||Open Swim|
1 - 1:50 p.m.
|Open Swim||Open Swim||(2 Hours)|
|2 - 2:40 p.m.||Arthritis Plus||Arthritis Plus||Arthritis Plus||Arthritis Plus||Open Swim|
|3 - 3:40 p.m.||Water Aerobics||Water Aerobics||Water Aerobics||Water Aerobics||(2 Hours)|
|4 - 4:50 p.m.||Open Swim||Open Swim||Open Swim||Open Swim||Closed|
Health & Safety Guidelines
The City of Altamonte Springs is committed to keeping participants and staff safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have prepared a list of guidelines.
- Staff who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 will stay home.
- Staff will carry sanitizer at all times.
- Staff will follow CDC guidelines for vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals. Exceptions are made for exercise and swim lesson instructors while teaching.
- Staff will promote healthy hygiene including frequent, proper and effective hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, and covering of coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of elbow.
- Staff will practice proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Staff will enhance cleaning and disinfecting schedules and procedures.
- Pool patrons who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Pool patrons are asked to self-report any instances of positive COVID-19 cases as well as any contact they have had with any individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Pool patrons are urged to follow established guidance on personal hygiene, hand washing and hand sanitizer.
- Please be advised that the City is required to release patron names, dates of birth, address and phone numbers to Local, State and Federal agencies upon request as it relates to COVID-19 contact tracing efforts.