Group and one-on-one swim lessons, provided by Patriot Aquatics, are available year-round and are structured around age and skill proficiency. All swim lessons follow the SwimAmerica curriculum developed by the American Swimming Coaches Association and provide one of the best learn-to-swim progression programs. With 10 stations to master through the entire program, each swimmer moves at their own pace learning proper stroke technique and water safety.
- For children ages four and up who are comfortable in a group setting.
- Participants must already be proficient in the water and able to jump in and swim on their own.
- All participants are tested on their ability the first day of class and placed into a group of three to four other children with similar swimming ability.
- Lessons run for 30 minutes.
- Designed for non-swimmers ages 18 months and up, less proficient swimmers who cannot swim on their own or goal-oriented swimmers looking for individual attention.
- Lessons run for 15 minutes but can be increased to 30 minutes with the purchase of an additional 15-minute time block (30-minute lessons are recommended for ages four and up only).
Sessions run in two-week intervals with eight lessons held Monday through Thursday. Make-up lessons are held on Fridays at the lesson's regularly scheduled time.
|Session 1||February 28 - March 11|
|Session 2||March 21 - April 1|
|Session 3||April 4 - 15|
|Session 4||April 18 - 29|
|Session 5||May 2 - 13|
|Session 6||May 16 - 27|
|Session 7||May 30 - June 10|
No classes Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day). Make-up day is Friday, June 3.
|Session 8||June 13 - 24|
|Session 9||June 27 - July 8*|
No classes Monday, July 4 (Independence Day). Make-up day is Friday, July 8.
|Session 10||July 11 - 22|
|Session 11||July 25 - August 5|
|Session 12||August 8 - 19|
- Group: $75 first session/$67.50 each additional session.
- One-On-One: $110 first session/$99 each additional session.
Patriot Aquatics has been part of the Altamonte Springs community since 1980 and provides a year-round competitive and recreation swim program out of Westmonte Recreation Center. Activities are designed to teach proper water safety and proficiency in swimming and are available to individuals of all ages and abilities. For more information on Patriot Aquatics programs and to register, please visit www.PatriotAquatics.com or call (407) 862-2207.